Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lucky Charms


Name of Project: Lucky Charms
Yarn: Knitters Brewing Company Sock-aholic
Yardage: one skein (480 yards), but I have quite a bit left over
Needles: Size US 0 (2.0 mm) Knit Picks circulars
Time to Complete Project: 7 weeks
Pattern Notes: I have 8 stars up the front of the foot and I really like the length these turned out. I'm also completely infatuated with this color and have decided that the next time I buy yarn, it will be in this color for a sweater.

Monster Zebras!
 My monster zebra socks are going along very smoothly and I carry them around quite a bit. I'm working up the leg on the first sock and expect to have it finished in the next few days and will cast on for the second soon.

Travelling sock Knitalong
The idea of this fun project was to have a pair of socks travel around a group of friends so that when you get them back you have a finished pair. Each knitter cast on for the toes and increased to the width that they required and then sent their toes on to the next person. There are 11 knitters in my circle and I personally have knitted on 6 pairs of socks, not counting my own toes. So I'll have 4 more pairs pass through my knitting bag and then I'll have my own back. It has been really fun trying out new stitch patterns on the short little section of sock and also matching yarns to what has already been knit. I've also really enjoyed watching the other pairs take shape.

Above is the current state of my socks, they are ready for the heel turn and are about halfway done. I've got lots of beautiful yarn and bling, I can't wait to get these in my hands.

No comments: